Please note: these are general guidelines only. Speak to your Spray Tan Technician for more details.
Preparation For Your Spray Tan
• Exfoliation is one of the most important factors in preparing your skin for a spray tan. Thoroughly exfoliate before your tan is to be applied, we recommend doing this at least 6-12 hours before
your spray tan. This is to remove dead skin and provide a smooth, new surface for your spray tan. Exfoliating helps to promote even coverage and lengthens the duration of the tan. Make sure you
pay particular attention to elbows, ankles, and knees, these areas tend to be more dry.
• Shave or wax (to allow pores time to close) the night before your application.
• Remove make-up, moisturizer, perfume, and deodorant before your application as these can act as a barrier, blocking the solution from absorbing evenly.
• Do not use highly moisturized soap, it leaves a residue on the skin.
• Even though we use organic solution for our spray tans, If you are pregnant or breast feeding, consult with your doctor. (as a precaution).
• It is recommended that you wear dark loose fitting clothing.
• Solution washes out of most clothing by using cold water, but may stain nylon and lycra materials therefore dark colored underwear is recommended.
• Avoid having hand contact with skin as your color develops,this will prevent color from developing on palms or fingers.
• Do not shower or get wet for at least 12 hours( overnight if possible) . This allows your tan to develop.
• Avoid wearing socks, shoes,UGGS or boots after your tanning session as sweating can inhibit the development of your tan. Sandals or flip flops are a good choice.
• Avoid applying moisturizers, make-up and perfume until after your first shower or bath.
• Avoid wearing tight clothing(leggings, skinny jeans, spandex) for at least 8 hours, as these will cause the tan to rub off during the developing stage.
• All swimming, showering and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 12 hours as this can inhibit the development of your tan.
• Do not shave for 24 hours after your spray tan.
• Do not sit on light colored fabrics or leather until you have showered or have taken a bath.
Remember - When you take a shower or a bath you will see some color wash off that was used when the tan was applied, this is the cosmetic bronzer. Pat dry, do not rub your skin,moisturize and you will be left with a gorgeous tan!
Maintaining Your Spray Tan
We recommend you follow these guidelines to maintain your spray tan:
• Moisturize daily to extend the tan (use oil-free moisturizer). Norvell Prolong tan extender is recommended to help extend the life of your spray tan.
• Avoid long hot baths,jacuzzi's, hot tubs and showers as this speeds up exfoliation, which will fade the tan.
• Avoid using bar soaps, such as Irish spring, Dial & Ivory, shower gels or bubbles baths that contain parabens or sodium lauryl sulphates, as these will fade your tan more quickly. We recommend Norvell body wash, it's amazing!
• Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower.
• Avoid swimming pools or salt water, as these can reduce your tan. Ask your certified spray tech how to maintain your spray tan if you will be in an outdoor pool!
• Use touch up spray (ask your technician) for your face, hands and feet since these areas fade quicker than the rest of your body.
• Remember that the tan does not have any SPF factor, so wear sun protection as usual. Natural Beauty Airbrush Tanning. proudly uses Norvell solutions and products.This award winning product can be customized for your skin tones to produce colors so natural; for that “just off the beach look!
Approved by the American Academy of Dermatology.
Safe for all skin types. Maintain the health of your skin and the beauty of a luscious natural summer glow.
Sunless Spray Solution by Norvell is guaranteed to be the most natural, golden brown spray-on color solution you can use. This low tack, non-sticky, fast dry formula incorporates premium instant cosmetic bronzer for an immediate, natural "sun kissed glow". This solution contains the latest technology in sunless tanning and Natural Beauty Airbrush Tanning. is proud to bring it to you! Containing Dihydroxyacetone (Eco-Cert DHA )for long term golden bronzing with no orange color. Norvell's exclusive odor control agent virtually eliminates unpleasant odors.
Norvell's organic streak-free formula has built-in sheeting action to eliminate spotting and streaking. It also contains Erythrulose - an additional bronzer for extending your color days longer making two applications a month economical and feasible.
Norvell's micro-emulsion technology provides an even, effective mist application and a pleasant Raspberry Almond fragrance. Norvell Organic is a Aloe Vera based product.
The airbrush solution used by Natural Beauty Airbrush Tanning utilizes skin firming Copper "Firm-a-derm" technology for younger, youthful looking skin and Caffeine which is proven to reduce the risk from over exposure to the sun.
What is DHA?
Skin is made up of two main layers: the epidermis on the outside and the dermis on the inside. Whether you are talking about sun tanning or self-tanning, the epidermis is where the action occurs.
The epidermis is also made up of layers. The deepest layer of the epidermis, called the stratum basale (basal layer), is affected during sun tanning via harmful UV rays.
The stratum corneum (horny layer) is the outermost layer of the epidermis -- it is this layer that is affected by most sunless-tanning products containing DHA.
There are several different kinds of sunless-tanning products available today. People have been able to pour on a tan since 1960, when Coppertone® came out with the first sunless-tanning product !!
If you are old enough to remember this, then you are probably thinking of the incredibly orange hue this lotion produced. Since then, there have been several advancements made on the sunless-tanning front. These days, you can find tanning pills, sunless- or self-tanners and bronzers. You can smooth, swipe or spray on a light bronze glow or a deep, dark tan.
Many of these products take 45 minutes to one hour to start taking effect, and once you factor in drying time, you could be looking at about three hours spent achieving that sun-free tan. And not to mention the sticky mess, the offensive odor and the staining of hands and clothing and you often end up with a streaky, uneven orangy tan. But not anymore, thanks to Natural Beauty Airbrush Tanning!
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, the most effective products available are sunless- or self-tanning lotions that contain dihydroxyacetone(DHA) as the active ingredient.
DHA is a colorless sugar that interacts with the dead cells located in the stratum corneum of the epidermis. As the sugar interacts with the dead skin cells, a color change occurs. This change usually lasts about five to seven days from the initial application. Sugar, what can be safer.
Every day, millions of dead skin cells are sloughed off or worn away from the surface of your skin. In fact, every 35 to 45 days, you have an entirely new epidermis. This is why tans from sunless- or self-tanning lotions will gradually fade -- as the dead cells are worn away, so is your tan. For this reason, we at Natural Beauty Airbrush Tanning suggest that you get at least two sessions per month to maintain your "tan."
Although gels, lotions or sprays that contain DHA are said to be the most reliable and useful, there are dozens of other types of products on the market. Tanning accelerators -- lotions or pills that usually contain the amino acid tyrosine -- claim that they stimulate and increase melanin formation, thereby accelerating the tanning process. At this time, there is no scientific data available to support these claims. Another sunless-tanning product is a tanning pill that contains canthaxanthin, which is most commonly used as a color additive in certain foods. Although the FDA has approved the use of canthaxanthin in food, it does not approve its use as a tanning agent. When used as a color additive, only very small amounts of canthaxanthin are necessary. As a tanning agent, however, much larger quantities are used. After canthaxanthin is consumed, it is deposited all over your body, including in your skin, which turns an orange-brown color.
These types of tanning pills have been linked to various side effects, including hepatitis and canthaxanthin retinopathy, a condition in which yellow deposits form in the retina of the eye...( no
thanks!!) Another popular form of sunless tanning is the bronzer. These powders and moisturizers, once applied, create a tan that can easily be removed with soap and water. More like make-up,
these products tint or stain your skin only until they are washed off. It's important to remember that most of these products, unless they contain an added sunscreen, will not protect you from the
sun's UVA and UVB rays.
Even products that do contain a sunscreen won't be of much help, since they lose their efficacy within hours of application. So, if you're planning to head outside to show off your new glow that you obtained here at Natural Beauty Airbrush Tanning, be sure to apply some extra sunscreen! Inquire about which sunscreens are beneficial to your spray tan!
HOW DO WE APPLY IT
Using only Norvell sunless tanning solution, a cool, fine mist is gently sprayed over your face and body by our certified technician, using our latest technology in airbrush application. This solution blends in and works with the amino acids and proteins in the top layer of your skin, which produces the bronzed effect. Our superior formula delivers better, longer-lasting results, typically 7-10 days, and even longer when our recommended maintenance system is followed. (up to 14 days!) Remember the depth of tan achieved is unique and dependent upon an individual's skin type, tone, and activity level. By following our before and after tan instructions, you can ensure flawlessness and satisfaction from your airbrushed tan.
Natural Beauty Airbrush Tanning
Mobile spray tanning servicing Montgomery county & surrounding areas
North Wales,PA 19454
Call or text
Like us on Facebook & Instagram